Looking for funding opportunities for your higher education? Here are unisa bursaries available.
Unisa merit bursary
UNISA Merit Bursary 2022 aims to provide needy students with funds to continue their education. This financial aid targets South Africans currently engaged in a course at one of UNISA’s campuses.
The bursary is open to all disciplines provided by the university’s eight colleges. It is one of the most constant unisa bursaries.
The next application period for this bursary is open on 4 January 2022 and close on 31 March 2022. Undergraduate students can apply.
- Students must have obtained an average of at least 75% and above in their previous year of study.
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens registered for a formal qualification in any discipline at Unisa.
- The bursary covers tuition fees and prescribed textbooks only.
- Awards will only be made if there is sufficient funding.
- Students who received the bursary in 2021 do not need to apply. Such students must, however, meet the 75% average to be considered for the bursary in 2022.
The following documents are required:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of household income
- Parents IDs (for dependent applicants)
- Academic record
- Click here for the merit bursary guidelines.
Department of transport bursaries
The Department of Transport bursary scheme is known to be similar to the other bursaries provided by each department of Government. It is one of the top unisa bursaries to apply for aside nsfas bursary and unisa merit bursary.
They include most fees of study for the candidates, and will cover tuition, accommodation, meal, transport and all prescribed learning material or books.
The closing date is 31 March 2022. This unisa bursary is available to undergraduate, honor degrees and post graduate diploma.
- The bursary covers unemployed youth under the age of 35.
- Should a recipient fail to successfully complete his/her studies, Unisa reserves the right to recall the money with interest at the going rate.
- Successful students will be selected by a selection committee.
- All returning bursary students must have passed 50% or more of their previously registered modules to be considered for new intake/funding.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- The following documents are REQUIRED:
- A certified copy of a valid Senior Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12)
- A certified copy of your latest academic transcript or record on official letterhead or with a logo (if you are already at university)
- A certified copy of a valid South African identity document
- Salary advise of the person responsible for your needs
- Only students registered for the following qualifications will be considered:
- BCom in Transport Economics
- BCom in Logistics
- ND in Civil Engineering
- BTech in Civil Engineering
- Honors in Transport Economics
- Honors in Logistics
- Master’s in Transport Economics
- Master’s in Logistics
- MTech in Civil Engineering
Click here to download the bursary application form. Application forms must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by the closing date.